- This is a perfect problem solving journal for you.
- The Math Journal is themed around Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhyme is problem solving activities.
- The kiddos need to draw out the problem, in order to understand and prove each page.
- It shows the student understanding.
- It is also a great way to introduce literacy skills by reading the fairy tale or
the nursery rhyme.
- It allows for easy differentiation. This resource can be used with students Pre K, K, 1st , 2nd grade.
Problem Solving Activities
Happy Birthday- Decorate the cake and add the candles
Once I Caught a Fish- Draw remaining fish.
Three Little Pigs- Count the pig legs.
Three Little Pigs-Draw the pig homes and count the windows.
Goldilocks and the Three Bears- Draw Large, middle size, and small.
Little Red Riding Hood- Draw the muffins in the basket.
Old Mother Hubbard- Draw the dog bones in the cupboard.
Old Mother Hubbard-Sequence the poem.
The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe- Draw the children.
Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling-Color the pairs of socks.
Three Little Kittens- Draw pairs of mittens
Bingo- a dice game played with a partner.
Humpty Dumpty- Draw the specific brick wall.
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary- Draw Mary’s garden.
Twinkle, Twinkle- Draw the stars.
Twinkle, Twinkle-Sequence the poem.
Rain, Rain, Go Away- Draw specific raindrops.
Peter Rabbit- Draw Mr. McGregor’s Garden.
Shoemaker and the Elves- Draw pairs of shoes or boots.
The Queen of Hearts- Draw the tarts.
Paul Bunyan- Draw the trees chopped down.
Sally Sells Seashells-Draw the seashells.
The Muffin Man- A partner game-Roll the die and cross out the muffin.
The Ants Go Marching-Draw pairs of ants.
Princess and the Pea- Draw the blankets.